Creative Europe announces a competition aimed at the strengthening of culture

Creative Europe has announced a competition aimed at boosting cultural cooperation in the Western Balkans, Milena Raznatovic announced at a conference “Creative Europe – Western Balkans Contest” held at the EU Info Center in Podgorica on 31st January, 2020, in front of the Ministry of Culture.
Independent Advisor for International Cooperation and European Integration at the Ministry of Culture Milena Raznatovic said that the Ministry of Culture informs that the European Agency for Culture, Education and Audiovisual (EACEA) has announced a call for proposals for cultural cooperation projects in the Western Balkans under the Creative Europe program, the Culture subprogram.
She said at the launch of the competition that the proposed projects must be in line with the main priorities of the competition: promotion of cultural cross-border cooperation between the countries of the Western Balkans and EU member states and strengthening of competition in the cultural and creative sector in the region.
Prospective applicants must belong to one of the following categories: organizations or associations active in the cultural and creative industries (other than the audio-visual sector), national councils dealing with the cultural and creative industries (other than the AV sector) and public institutions locally, regional or central level dealing with the cultural and creative industries (except the AV sector), said Raznatovic.
She added that potential applicants must be established in one of the EU Member States and the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Northern Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro). At least five partners are required to apply for the project, with at least two from EU Member States and at least two from the Western Balkans. Individuals have no right to participate.
The competition is open to non-profit projects with a duration of at least 24 months and a maximum of 48 months. Projects proposed under the call for European cooperation projects (EACEA 32/2019) are not eligible. The total budget for the call is EUR 5,000,000, said Raznatovic.
The minimum grant amount for the proposed projects is EUR 100,000 and the maximum is EUR 500,000, with EU co-financing up to 85% and the remaining 15% will be financed by municipalities. The deadline for submission of proposals is 17th March, 2020 at 5 pm, emphasized Raznatovic.
More information about the competition, which is open until 17th March, 2020, can be found on the official website Creative Europe (, emphasized Raznatovic.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *